Certified Signing Agent
- Collaborate with title and mortgage companies as well as third party vendors to meet with borrowers, sellers, and/or buyers to facilitate and notarize mortgage signings associated with refinancing, purchasing, and loan modifications on real estate transactions.
- Contact borrowers, sellers and/or buyers to schedule or re-confirm signing appointment.
- Verify identification of party’s signing documents.
- Describe the function of each document in the closing package.
- Personally observe the execution of each document provided and notarize each party’s signature on each document containing a notary block.
- Strictly follow lenders closing instructions.
- Conduct closing consistent with the legal and ethical standards contained in the laws and rules promulgated by the state of California.
- Administer oaths and affirmations, take affidavits and statutory declarations, witness and authenticate the execution of certain classes of document.
- Coordinate with lenders, escrow, and title companies, to expediently deliver documents for closings after completion of signing.